SIDDUR SHA’AR ZAHAV is a prayerbook that reflects our modern lives, our yearnings and our power to bring healing to ourselves and to others.
Created in 2009, Siddur Sha’ar Zahav speaks directly to experiences which are not found in other published siddurim — prayers for being single, contemplations for nonbelievers, and blessings for coming out of dark places. It engages traditional Jewish liturgy and goes beyond. It is also a complete LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer) and egalitarian Jewish prayer book. It is for those who are learning prayers and those who are deeply knowledgeable.
There are powerful sections with:
- Blessings (Brachot) for many occasions, daily life and life-cycle events
- Remembrances (Chesed V’Emet) for synagogue, graveside and home use
- Multiple readings for Pride Shabbat and Transgender Remembrance Shabbat
- Songs (Shirim/Z’mirot) from our world-wide Jewish heritage
Designed for both individual and communal use, Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is a must-have resource for individuals and clergy – both Jewish and non-Jewish.
We invite you to experience it yourself at our services, read more about it, or reserve a copy for your own use.
More About Siddur Sha’ar Zahav
Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is the first LGBT Prayer Book for every occasion. It includes:
- Services for Shabbat evening and morning, weeknights, and all the Jewish holidays
- Diverse liturgy with educational commentaries
- Hebrew, English and transliterations of every prayer
- New readings that reflect contemporary Jewish life
- Egalitarian and LGBT-inclusive translations
- Expressive art and photographs
Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is the first truly embracing 21st Century siddur with:
- Entirely new translations of ancient texts
- Blessings for non-traditional families
- Readings on discovering your sexual orientation
- Prayers for non-believers and agnostics
- Essays that re-imagine our most cherished texts
- A marriage equality blessing
- Jewish poetry from all over the world
- New Prayers with LGBTQ themes
- Commentaries relating liturgy to our lives today
We appreciate your interest in Siddur Sha’ar Zahav. We are in the process of raising funds for a reprint. If you would like to support our “People of the Book Campaign,” you may do so by clicking here.
We anticipate siddurim will be available March 2019. You may pre-order copies for $54 plus tax and handling. Be among the first to receive Siddur Sha’ar Zahav when it becomes available!